The Importance of Teaching Children to Respect AnimalsOctober 14, 2019
Halloween Safety Tips for Parents of Young ChildrenOctober 28, 2019
A healthy lifestyle can be taught at an early age. Children who are taught how to eat healthy and maintain a physical lifestyle are more likely to continue with this lifestyle into adulthood. Thus, may be less susceptible to illness and various health problems growing up. But, children who have parents who don’t adopt a healthy mindset are likely not to be healthy themselves. So, it’s important for parents to portray a good example of what living a healthy lifestyle is. In this article, we give parents tips for adopting a healthier lifestyle. This way, parents can better maintain a healthy family and set their children up with healthy habits they can utilize for years to come.
Maintaining Physical Activity and Physical Health
Being physically active is important for both adults and children alike. Physical fitness presents a number of benefits that humans can’t take advantage of otherwise. For example, maintaining physical fitness helps to maintain a healthy weight, manage energy levels, reduce blood pressure, work the muscles, and strengthen bones. Furthermore, when children are physically active, they are more likely to have a better-maintained sleep schedule. Certainly, a good night’s sleep is one of the most important things a child can have. This is because children are constantly growing and require lots of sleep effective development.
Tips for Implementing a Better Active Lifestyle to Maintain Physical Health
Now that you understand the benefits an active lifestyle can have on children, you can learn ways to implement physical fitness into daily life. Surely, there are many ways to encourage children to use their bodies and move to promote physical health. Some great ways to get your kids moving can include:
- Take a family walk around the neighborhood
- Get bikes and explore your community on two wheels
- Play physical games like hide and seek or manhunt
- Take a family hike
- Dance around in the living room
- Plan weekend outing that includes physical activity (fishing, camping, or swimming)
Maintaining Healthy Nutrition for Health
Along with physical fitness, another important aspect of maintaining health is nutrition. What we eat is directly related to our health. Basically, anything we eat, our bodies use for energy. So, if you don’t eat healthy ingredients, you’re less likely to get good sleep, have high energy, and be able to focus the way you need. And, the same goes for your children and what they eat. To set your children up for success in educational environments, it’s best to feed them nutritional ingredients. This way, their bodies can use the food they eat to create the energy they need to be successful learners. And, furthermore, grow and develop as they should.
Tips for Implementing Nutritious Meals and Healthy Eating
Certainly, there are many things parents can do to implement better eating habits into their children’s lives. But, it’s important to first note how often children should be eating. Since children have smaller stomachs, they don’t need to eat large meals. So, instead of giving them three standard, large meals throughout the day, give them more, smaller meals. Furthermore, some other things you can try include:
- Limit sugary and fatty foods. Sugars and fats should only be 20% of a child’s daily diet.
- Don’t give up when your kids don’t like healthy foods. In many situations, it takes more than a few tries to like foods, whether they’re healthy or not. So, don’t give up on healthy ingredients even if your children don’t like them the first time around.
- If your children are hungry between meals, try implementing healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, yogurt, and granola.
- Try giving your children smaller portions. If they’re still hungry after a meal, you can always feed them more. This negates overeating and unhealthy binge habits that can lead to further health issues down the road.
- Don’t use unhealthy treats as a way to reward good behaviors.
- Never tell your children that they can’t leave until they finish their plate. They should finish eating when they feel full. Otherwise, this could lead to overeating and the further development of unhealthy eating behaviors.
Choosing an Early Learning Academy that Incorporates a Healthy Lifestyle
Looking for an educational facility that takes health into mind when it comes to looking after your children? Look no further than Ivy Prep Early Learning Academy and our New York City locations! To learn more about our programs and schedule to visit one of our locations, contact us today!